It is approximately 144 km to get from the Calgary International Airport to The Dorothy Motel. If you are going to drive or rent a car, here are some simple directions to getting here.
- Take the TransCanada Highway west to Banff.
- After you reach the Banff National Park Gates, it will be another 15 minute drive (15km).
- Take the First Banff Exit.
- Turn left at the stop sign (onto Banff Ave).
- The Dorothy Motel is approx 5 minute (3.6km) from the exit.
- You will want to check in at The Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa
- You will find the Banff Caribou Lodge on your right.
- Feel free to pull up out front and check in.
- Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa, 521 Banff Ave, Banff.
- The Dorothy Motel is down the street at 250 Marmot Cres (behind the Husky Gas Station)
Entry Fees to the National Parks of Canada
All visitors to Banff National Park require a National Park entry pass to offset the costs of the Parks facilities and services. These facilities and services include: picnic areas, scenic lookouts, washrooms, trails and roads as well as friendly and helpful staff at visitor centres, and day-use areas.
Looking to get to Banff from Calgary and not rent a car? Take an airport shuttle. There are a few companies that have frequent transfers between Banff and the Calgary International Airport.