It is approximately 144 km to get from the Calgary International Airport to The Dorothy Motel. If you are going to drive or rent a car, here are some simple directions to getting here.
- Take the TransCanada Highway west to Banff.
- After you reach the Banff National Park Gates, it will be another 15 minute drive (15km).
- Take the First Banff Exit.
- Turn left at the stop sign (onto Banff Ave).
- The Dorothy Motel is approx 5 minute (3.6km) from the exit.
- You will want to check in at The Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa
- You will find the Banff Caribou Lodge on your right.
- Feel free to pull up out front and check in.
- Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa, 521 Banff Ave, Banff.
- The Dorothy Motel is down the street at 250 Marmot Cres (behind the Husky Gas Station)
Entry Fees to the National Parks of Canada
All visitors to Banff National Park require a National Park entry pass to offset the costs of the Parks facilities and services. These facilities and services include: picnic areas, scenic lookouts, washrooms, trails and roads as well as friendly and helpful staff at visitor centres, and day-use areas.
Looking to get to Banff from Calgary and not rent a car? Take an airport shuttle. There are a few companies that have frequent transfers between Banff and the Calgary International Airport.
Mountain Park Transportation
Experience the Breathtaking Rocky Mountains
Mountain Park Transportation since 1999 has been offering guests from all over the world transportation services, from Moraine Lake shuttles to private tours and transfers and scheduled airport services.
Now offering private transfers for 1-15 guests and is ideal for families traveling together to ensure there group is social distanced.
Brewster Banff Airport Express
Calgary to Banff from $74
Sit back, relax and enjoy express service from the Calgary International Airport to Banff with Brewster Banff Airport Express. With frequent departures, large viewing windows and a flexible 90-min cancellation policy, there’s no better way to access the incredible adventures of Banff National Park.
Save on round-trip bookings
You Watch the Views, We’ll Watch the Road.
Swap the stress, liability and expense of airport car rental for a comfortable seat and a knowledgeable local driver aboard a Banff Airporter Shuttle Bus.
The beauty of our service is in its simplicity – as one of our 5-star reviews reads, we’re “remarkably unremarkable”! Responsive customer service, friendly local drivers, clean and comfortable buses – we do the simple things right.
Relax and take in the breathtaking views of the Canadian Rockies – we’ll take care of the rest.