It is approximately 144 km to get from the Calgary International Airport to The Dorothy Motel. If you are going to drive or rent a car, here are some simple directions to getting here.
- Take the TransCanada Highway west to Banff.
- After you reach the Banff National Park Gates, it will be another 15 minute drive (15km).
- Take the First Banff Exit.
- Turn left at the stop sign (onto Banff Ave).
- The Dorothy Motel is approx 5 minute (3.6km) from the exit.
- You will want to check in at The Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa
- You will find the Banff Caribou Lodge on your right.
- Feel free to pull up out front and check in.
- Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa, 521 Banff Ave, Banff.
- The Dorothy Motel is down the street at 250 Marmot Cres (behind the Husky Gas Station)
As Banff becomes a more pedestrian and cycle friendly destination, and Lake Louise implements a parking management plan, the best way to experience Banff National Park will be to plan ahead!
Visit explorethepark.ca for up to date information on parking, transit, access and shuttles to Lake Louise and Moraine Lake, and the best ways to explore without your vehicle.
Entry Fees to the National Parks of Canada
All visitors to Banff National Park require a National Park entry pass to offset the costs of the Parks facilities and services. These facilities and services include: picnic areas, scenic lookouts, washrooms, trails and roads as well as friendly and helpful staff at visitor centres, and day-use areas.
Brewster Banff Airport Express
Calgary to Banff from $72
Sit back, relax and enjoy express service from the Calgary International Airport to Banff with Brewster Banff Airport Express. With frequent departures, large viewing windows and a flexible 90-min cancellation policy, there’s no better way to access the incredible adventures of Banff National Park.
Save 15% on round-trip bookings
- Door to door service
- Green way to travel
- Professional service
- Modern, clean transportation